Do you keep old photos? Me too.
Old photos stir our emotions, don’t they? Old photos touch us deeply and keeping a spiritual journal does the same thing.
Why Keep a Spiritual Journal
Photos show the journey we’re on. Spiritual journals remind you of the spiritual journey you’re on. Your relationship with God is a spiritual journey rich in benefits.
Just like looking at those old photos I feel the same way when I flip back through my old journals. Reading what I wrote down brings back memories of my walk with God. And keeping a journal helps you remember God’s detailed touch in your life.
6 Benefits of keeping a prayer journal:
- It reminds you how God specifically worked and is working in your life
- It helps you see answers to prayer
- It shows how you are growing spiritually
- You can easily recall how God has given you direction in the past or for now
- You can look back to what you learned from your failures
- You EXPERIENCE God’s love through spiritual journaling
Just like keeping old photos brings back old memories, keeping a spiritual journal brings joy. God’s intention is to connect with you and what a better way to record your relationship with Him.
So begin keeping those snapshots of the memorable times with your heavenly Father in your spiritual journal.